It seems so simple - just focus on your subject and push the button! What could go wrong....
Lots of things! Here are a few.
• the wind could be blowing
• you could push too hard on the shutter
• you could pick the wrong focal point
• your camera could still be set on multi focal points
• your shutter speed could be too low to hold your camera steady
• your subject may confuse the auto focus system
So what can you do about it? Here are a few suggestions.
Check your image and if it isn't sharp, have a think about why. Then re-do it. Concentrate, keep steady, prop yourself up if you need or use a tripod, use a higher ISO, check your manual on focus systems and how they work.
Photo: Spider Web in the Mist
A breeze was blowing when I took this so I had to wait for breaks and re-focus quickly